Hyaluronic acid? What is it about ? Presented as an effective and alternative solution to injections of fillers to fight against wrinkles, creams based on hyaluronic acid are on the rise, but how to choose them? For which wrinkles and how to choose among the many products offered? Follow the advice of your pharmacist to choose the anti-aging cream based on hyaluronic acid that is best suited to your case without going through the injections box and discover treatments based on ultra-concentrated hyaluronic acid that promise very satisfactory results.
Hyaluronic acid: what is it?
We all inherit from birth a stock of hyaluronic acid in the skin. Indeed, hyaluronic acid is a natural element of the epidermis and, like elastin, it is thanks to it that young skin is naturally plump, plump and wrinkle-free since it helps fill in spaces. between the various skin fibers. However, from the age of 20, the natural stocks of hyaluronic acid in our skin decrease and, at age 50, only 50% of the capital of this precious molecule remains. It is then that the spaces between the fibers of the skin are more difficult to fill and that the wrinkles are accentuated!
From the 1970s, hyaluronic acid was used in ophthalmic surgery and then as a filler in aesthetic medicine, to finally appear in the form of a cosmetic product. One of the big benefits of hyaluronic acid is that it is natural and therefore not recognized as a foreign agent by the organism which supports it perfectly well. However, as it degrades, it does not accumulate in the body and therefore needs to be renewed daily by cosmetic products containing it. It exists in different forms: we then speak of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid which rather remains on the surface of the skin and of low molecular weight for a hyaluronic acid which will penetrate deeper into the structure of the skin. This hyaluronic acid is indicated for all skin types and for any deterioration in the youthfulness of the face : first wrinkles, fine lines, wrinkles, more or less marked furrows …
The goal is therefore to provide it to the tissues to ensure hydration (from the age of 20), flexibility and firmness by creating a mechanical and biological effect since its presence is recognized by the skin cells (fibroblasts) which then initiate a process of synthesis of collagen and natural hyaluronic acid . It’s like giving our skin a boost to redo what it already knows how to create!
Cosmetic hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid injections :
Hyaluronic acid is used in fillers for face for its wrinkle-filling action . It is then a biodegradable synthetic substance, in gel form, which is used. After attracting water, this substance mixes with residual hyaluronic acid in the dermis to restore it to its initial volume. The injection of hyaluronic acid also revives the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and collagen naturally present in the skin.
Oral hyaluronic acid:
In the form of capsules, tablets or drinkable ampoules of hyaluronic acid. This form helps strengthen the hydration of the skin from the inside but it is also indicated for people who have joint pain.
Hyaluronic acid dermal:
Creams, serums, masks, patches and all products in general for skin application which contain hyaluronic acid for preventing skin aging and for filling the surface of small lines of expression in men and women.
The different indications of hyaluronic acid
Oral forms of hyaluronic acid
In the form of capsules, tablets or drinkable ampoules, these oral forms of hyaluronic acid have 2 major indications:
- – Fight against joint pain:
In fact, taking hyaluronic acid orally helps to strengthen joint structures and reduce rheumatic-type pain.
- – Improve the beauty and youthfulness of the skin thanks to the anti-wrinkle and moisturizing action of hyaluronic acid.
Creams and skin application products based on hyaluronic acid
Depending on their age and skin type, different products based on hyaluronic acid can be used. As a simple moisturizer from the age of 20, as a serum under your usual care or as a day and / or night care. With even products suitable for men…
- – Hyaluronic acid for men
- Do not want to start injections of hyaluronic acid, need a more economical solution to take care of your skin? So yes, hyaluronic acid-based treatments are very effective and very effective at the first signs of skin aging or on already installed… Finally, good news, hyaluronic acid is neither greasy nor occlusive, it is therefore perfectly suitable for combination skin or skin prone to oily and thanks to its moisturizing action it can also be applied to dry and sensitive skin. So in the form of a serum, day and / or night cream, choose the hyaluronic acid-based treatment that suits you and restore hydration, comfort, softness and reduction of small wrinkles and fine lines to your face. And above all, do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist for advice if necessary!
Products distributed during public events (aesthetic congresses, aesthetic fairs, etc.)
The products distributed during public events may in certain cases not yet have the medical CE marking and / or their placing on the French market not yet communicated to the Agency.
The labeling of these products must be unambiguous and indicate that they are not intended for use in humans.
A product delivered as a free sample for use must have received the CE mark.
Therefore, special attention and vigilance are required.
nspection campaign on injectable wrinkle fillers 2009-2011
The Agency carried out an inspection campaign in 2009 and 2010 on the French sites of the majority of establishments which market injectable and absorbable wrinkle-filling products. The panel of these establishments includes 9 manufacturers and 8 distributors.
The range of sizes of companies inspected and present on the French market is very wide, ranging from very small businesses to multinationals.
This campaign had the following objectives:
- to check the manufacturing conditions and compliance with the regulations applicable to medical devices, injectable fillers manufactured and marketed in France,
- to check the hyaluronic acid and BDDE contents indicated in the design file for injectable fillers based on crosslinked sodium hyaluronate,
- assess, from samples taken during inspections and then sent to the Agency’s Laboratories and Controls Department (DLC):
– the cytotoxicity, sterility and bacterial endotoxin level of each product reference;
– in products crosslinked with BDDE: the residual BDDE content as well as the molecular mass of sodium hyaluronate.